Subpart 837.70 - Mortuary Services
This subpart applies to mortuary (funeral and burial) services for beneficiaries of VA as provided in 38 U.S.C. 2302, 2303, and 2308 when it is determined that a contract would be the most efficient and effective method. Contract payment terms for use of the purchase card as a method of payment
837.7001 Solicitation provisions and contract clauses.
(a) The contracting officer shall insert the basic or the alternate of the provision at 852.237-76, Award to Single Offeror, in solicitations and contracts for mortuary services as follows:
(1) Insert the provision in all sealed bid solicitations for mortuary services; and
(2) Insert the basic provision with its alternate I in all negotiated solicitations for mortuary services.
(b) The contracting officer shall insert in addition to FAR 52.216-21, Requirements, the following VA clauses in all mortuary service solicitations and contracts:
(1) 852.237-77, Area of Performance.
(2) 852.237-78, Performance and Delivery.
(3) 852.237-79, Subcontracting.
(4) 852.237-80, Health Department and Transport Permits.
(c) See also 816.506-70 and 849.504-70 for additional clauses for use in contracts for mortuary services.