19.000 Scope of part.
(a) This part implements the acquisition-related sections of the Small Business Act ( 15 U.S.C. 631, et seq.), applicable sections of the Armed Services Procurement Act ( 10 U.S.C. 3063–3064 and 3203), 41 U.S.C. 3104, and Executive Order 12138, May 18, 1979. It covers—
(1) The determination that a concern is eligible for participation in the programs identified in this part;
(2) The respective roles of executive agencies and the Small Business Administration (SBA) in implementing the programs;
(3) Setting acquisitions aside, in total or in part, for exclusive competitive participation by small business, 8(a) participants, HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and economically disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB) concerns and women-owned small business (WOSB) concerns eligible under the WOSB Program;
(4) The certificate of competency program;
(5) The subcontracting assistance program;
(6) The "8(a)" business development program (hereafter referred to as 8(a) program), under which agencies contract with the SBA for goods or services to be furnished under a subcontract by a small disadvantaged business concern;
(7) The use of a price evaluation preference for HUBZone small business concerns;
(8) The use of veteran-owned small business concerns;
(9) Sole source awards to HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and EDWOSB concerns and WOSB concerns eligible under the WOSB Program; and
(10) The use of reserves.
(1) Unless otherwise specified in this part (see Subpart 19.6 - Certificates of Competency and Determinations of Responsibility and Subpart 19.7 - The Small Business Subcontracting Program)—
(i)Contracting officers shall apply this part in the United States and its outlying areas; and
(ii)Contracting officers may apply this part outside the United States and its outlying areas.