19.000 Scope of part.
(a) This part implements the acquisition-related sections of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 631, et seq.), applicable sections of the Armed Services Procurement Act (10 U.S.C. 2302, et seq.), 41 U.S.C. 3104, and Executive Order 12138, May 18, 1979. It covers-
(1) The determination that a concern is eligible for participation in the programs identified in this part;
(2) The respective roles of executive agencies and the Small Business Administration (SBA) in implementing the programs;
(3) Setting acquisitions aside, in total or in part, for exclusive competitive participation by small business, 8(a) participants, HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and economically disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB) concerns and women-owned small business (WOSB) concerns eligible under the WOSB Program;
(4) The certificate of competency program;
(5) The subcontracting assistance program;
(6) The "8(a)" business development program (hereafter referred to as 8(a) program), under which agencies contract with the SBA for goods or services to be furnished under a subcontract by a small disadvantaged business concern;
(7) The use of a price evaluation preference for HUBZone small business concerns;
(8) The use of veteran-owned small business concerns;
(9) Sole source awards to HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and EDWOSB concerns and WOSB concerns eligible under the WOSB Program; and
(10) The use of reserves.
(i)Contracting officers shall apply this part in the United States and its outlying areas; and
(ii)Contracting officers may apply this part outside the United States and its outlying areas.