3452.215-70 Release of restricted data.
As prescribed in 3415.209, insert the following provision in solicitations:
Release of Restricted Data (MAR 2011)
(a) Offerors are hereby put on notice that regardless of their use of the legend set forth in FAR 52.215–1(e), Restriction on Disclosure and Use of Data, the Government may be required to release certain data contained in the proposal in response to a request for the data under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The Government's determination to withhold or disclose a record will be based upon the particular circumstance involving the data in question and whether the data may be exempted from disclosure under FOIA. In accordance with Executive Order 12600 and to the extent permitted by law, the Government will notify the offeror before it releases restricted data.
(b) By submitting a proposal or quotation in response to this solicitation:
(1) The offeror acknowledges that the Department may not be able to withhold or deny access to data requested pursuant to FOIA and that the Government's FOIA officials shall make that determination;
(2) The offeror agrees that the Government is not liable for disclosure if the Department has determined that disclosure is required by FOIA;
(3) The offeror acknowledges that proposals not resulting in a contract remain subject to FOIA; and
(4) The offeror agrees that the Government is not liable for disclosure or use of unmarked data and may use or disclose the data for any purpose, including the release of the information pursuant to requests under FOIA.
(c) Offerors are cautioned that the Government reserves the right to reject any proposal submitted with:
(1) A restrictive legend or statement differing in substance from the one required by the solicitation provision in FAR 52.215–1(e), Restriction on Disclosure and Use of Data, or
(2) A statement taking exceptions to the terms of paragraphs (a) or (b) of this provision.
(End of provision)