52.222-11 Subcontracts (Labor Standards).
As prescribed in 22.407(a), insert the following clause:
Subcontracts (Labor Standards) (May 2014)
(a) Definition. "Construction, alteration or repair," as used in this clause, means all types of work done by laborers and mechanics employed by the construction Contractor or construction subcontractor on a particular building or work at the site thereof, including without limitation-
(1) Altering, remodeling, installation (if appropriate) on the site of the work of items fabricated off-site;
(2) Painting and decorating;
(3) Manufacturing or furnishing of materials, articles, supplies, or equipment on the site of the building or work;
(4) Transportation of materials and supplies between the site of the work within the meaning of paragraphs (a)(1)(i) and (ii) of the "site of the work" as defined in the FAR clause at 52.222-6, Construction Wage Rate Requirements of this contract, and a facility which is dedicated to the construction of the building or work and is deemed part of the site of the work within the meaning of paragraph (2) of the "site of the work" definition; and
(5) Transportation of portions of the building or work between a secondary site where a significant portion of the building or work is constructed, which is part of the "site of the work" definition in paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of the FAR clause at 52.222-6, Construction Wage Rate Requirements, and the physical place or places where the building or work will remain (paragraph (a)(1)(i) of the FAR clause at 52.222-6, in the "site of the work" definition).
(b) The Contractor shall insert in any subcontracts for construction, alterations and repairs within the United States the clauses entitled-
(1) Construction Wage Rate Requirements;
(2) Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards-Overtime Compensation (if the clause is included in this contract);
(3) Apprentices and Trainees;
(4) Payrolls and Basic Records;
(5) Compliance with Copeland Act Requirements;
(6) Withholding of Funds;
(7) Subcontracts (Labor Standards);
(8) Contract Termination-Debarment;
(9) Disputes Concerning Labor Standards;
(10) Compliance with Construction Wage Rate Requirements and Related Regulations; and
(11) Certification of Eligibility.
(c) The prime Contractor shall be responsible for compliance by any subcontractor or lower tier subcontractor performing construction within the United States with all the contract clauses cited in paragraph (b).
(1) Within 14 days after award of the contract, the Contractor shall deliver to the Contracting Officer a completed Standard Form (SF) 1413, Statement and Acknowledgment, for each subcontract for construction within the United States, including the subcontractor’s signed and dated acknowledgment that the clauses set forth in paragraph (b) of this clause have been included in the subcontract.
(2) Within 14 days after the award of any subsequently awarded subcontract the Contractor shall deliver to the Contracting Officer an updated completed SF 1413 for such additional subcontract.
(e) The Contractor shall insert the substance of this clause, including this paragraph (e) in all subcontracts for construction within the United States.
(End of clause)