45.000 Scope of part.
(a) This part prescribes policies and procedures for providing Government property to contractors; contractors’ management and use of Government property; and reporting, redistributing, and disposing of contractor inventory.
(b) It does not apply to-
(1) Government property provided under any statutory leasing authority, except as to non-Government use of property under 45.301(f);
(2) Property to which the Government has acquired a lien or title solely because of partial, advance, progress, or performance based payments;
(3) Disposal of real property;
(4) Software and intellectual property; or
(5) Government property that is incidental to the place of performance, when the contract requires contractor personnel to be located on a Government site or installation, and when the property used by the contractor within the location remains accountable to the Government. Items considered to be incidental to the place of performance include, for example, office space, desks, chairs, telephones, computers, and fax machines.