252.225-7056 Prohibition Regarding Business Operations with the Maduro Regime.
As prescribed in 225.7020-5(b), use the following clause:
PROHIBITION REGARDING BUSINESS OPERATIONS WITH THE MADURO REGIME (MAY 2022)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
Agency or instrumentality of the government of Venezuela means an agency or instrumentality of a foreign state as defined in 28 U.S.C. 1603(b), with each reference in section 1603(b) to a foreign state deemed to be a reference to Venezuela.
Business operations means engaging in commerce in any form, including acquiring, developing, maintaining, owning, selling, possessing, leasing, or operating equipment, facilities, personnel, products, services, personal property, real property, or any other apparatus of business or commerce.
Government of Venezuela means the government of any political subdivision of Venezuela, and any agency or instrumentality of the government of Venezuela.
(1) A natural person, corporation, company, business association, partnership, society, trust, or any other nongovernmental entity, organization, or group;
(2) Any governmental entity or instrumentality of a government, including a multilateral development institution (as defined in section 1701(c)(3) of the International Financial Institutions Act (22 U.S.C. 262r(c)(3)); and
(3) Any successor, subunit, parent entity, or subsidiary of, or any entity under common ownership or control with, any entity described in paragraph (1) or (2) of this definition.
(b) Prohibition. In accordance with section 890 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 (Pub. L. 116-92), DoD is prohibited from entering into a contract for the procurement of products or services with any person that has business operations with an authority of the government of Venezuela that is not recognized as the legitimate government of Venezuela by the U.S. Government, unless the person has a valid license to operate in Venezuela issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Department of the Treasury.
(c) The Contractor shall—
(1) Not have any business operations with an authority of the Maduro regime or the government of Venezuela that is not recognized as the legitimate government of Venezuela by the U.S. Government; or
(2) Have a valid license to operate in Venezuela issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Department of the Treasury.
(d) Subcontracts. The Contractor shall insert the substance of this clause, including this paragraph (d), in all subcontracts, including subcontracts for the acquisition of commercial items.
(End of clause)