14.202-7 Facsimile bids.
(a) Unless prohibited or otherwise restricted by agency procedures, contracting officers may authorize facsimile bids (see 14.201-6(v)). In determining whether or not to authorize facsimile bids, the contracting officer shall consider factors such as-
(1) Anticipated bid size and volume;
(2) Urgency of the requirement;
(3) Frequency of price changes;
(4) Availability, reliability, speed, and capacity of the receiving facsimile equipment; and
(5) Adequacy of administrative procedures and controls for receiving, identifying, recording, and safeguarding facsimile bids, and ensuring their timely delivery to the bids opening location.
(b) If facsimile bids are authorized, contracting officers may, after the date set for bid opening, request the apparently successful offeror to provide the complete, original signed bid.