Revised: 2 May 2022
Table of Contents
"Acquisition Category (ACAT)" means the category of a Defense acquisition program. See DoDI 5000.85, Appendix 3A .
“AFICC” means the Air Force Installation Contracting Center which is a Primary Subordinate Unit aligned to the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center (AFIMSC).
“Air Force Program Executive Office for Combat and Mission Support (AFPEO/CM) Contracts” includes services acquisitions subject to AFI 63-138.
“AFRCO” means the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office.
“Agency Head” (see “Head of the Agency”)
“ASAF(A)” means the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition.
“Bridge Action” means a non-competitive action requiring a justification to include, but not limited to, a formal justification and approval (FAR 6.3 or 13.5), limited sources justification (FAR 8.4), and exception to fair opportunity (FAR 16.5), to retain the current or similar product or services as a result of delay in the negotiation and award of a follow-on contract. Extension of services executed in accordance with FAR 52.217-8, Option to Extend Services, is not considered a bridge action, regardless of whether or not it was negotiated and included in the original contract, unless or until the total six (6) month extension allowed is exceeded
"Chief of the Contracting Office (COCO)" means the contracting official one level below the Senior Contracting Official or their deputies, unless specifically prohibited, or as designated by the SCO.
“DAS(C)” means the Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting). The authority granted to DAS(C) may also be exercised by the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting) (ADAS(C)).
“Direct Reporting Unit (DRU)” means a subdivision of the Air Force, directly subordinate to the Chief of Staff, US Air Force. A DRU performs a mission that does not fit into any of the MAJCOMs (see AFI 38-101).
“Enterprise” includes enterprise sourcing and services, research and development (R&D), and AFSC Supply Chain Requirements.
“Field Operating Agency (FOA)” means a subdivision of the Air Force, directly subordinate to a HQ USAF functional manager. A FOA performs field activities beyond the scope of any of the major commands (see AFI 38-101).
"Head of the Agency" means, pursuant to HAF MD 1-10, the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition) (ASAF(A)), unless the terms of a statute or delegation indicate that an action must be done by the Secretary of the Air Force (SecAF) or the Under Secretary of the Air Force (USecAF).
“Head of the Contracting Activity (HCA)” means the DAS(C) and (ADAS)(C) for the Air Force. See delegations in MP5301.601(a)(i).
"Installation Commander" means an individual who functions in a command position and is responsible for a base or other Air Force installation having a base contracting office.
“Mandatory Procedures (MP)” means a companion resource to the AFFARS that—
(1) Contains mandatory internal AF procedures. The AFFARS will direct compliance with mandatory procedures using imperative language such as “Follow the procedures at...” or similar directive language;
(2) Contains non-mandatory internal AF procedures and guidance and supplemental information to be used at the discretion of the contracting officer. The AFFARS will point to non-mandatory procedures, guidance, and information using permissive language such as “The contracting officer may use...” or “Additional information is available at...” or other similar language;
(3) Is numbered similarly to the AFFARS, except that each MP numerical designation is preceded by the letters “MP”; and
(4) Is available electronically as part of the AFFARS document set on Acquisition.gov.
“Major Command (MAJCOM)” means a major subdivision of the Air Force that is assigned a major part of the Air Force mission. A MAJCOM is directly subordinate to Headquarters US Air Force. (See AFI 38-101).
“Operational” means those contracting actions taken to meet the needs of installation commanders, DRUs, deployed commanders, and resident, tenant, and supported units. Operational contracting may be accomplished by contracting squadrons, operational contracting offices, contracting divisions, or another organization entity designed to meet local needs.
“Quality Assurance Program Coordinator (QAPC)” means the individual selected in accordance with local procedures to coordinate and manage the Quality Assurance Program.
“Services Designated Official (SDO)” means the individual designated to exercise responsibility for the management and oversight of the acquisition of contract services (see AFI 63-138, Acquisition of Services).
AFLCMC/PK Eglin OL
Eglin AFB, FL
AFLCMC/PK Hanscom OL
Hanscom AFB, MA
* SCO for AFOTEC at Kirtland, AFB, NM
** SCOs hold equivalent regulatory authority; this does not diminish or remove positional authority within the organization.
The deputy or technical director to a SCO may exercise any SCO authority unless restricted in the FAR, as supplemented (e.g., individual authorized to execute a specific authority must be of a certain minimum grade/rank), or as specifically limited by the SCO. See AFI 64-105 Contingency Contracting Support, to identify SCOs for contingency operations.
“SpRCO” means the Space Rapid Capabilities Office.
“Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP)” means a companion resource to the AFFARS that —
(1) Implements fundamental contracting principles and other helpful tools in an informative, innovative, intuitive, user-friendly manner;
(2) Contains non-mandatory internal procedures and guidance, and supplemental information to be used at the discretion of the contracting officer;
(3) Is not regulated by policy; rather is a living document shaped by acquisition community input; and
(4) Is available electronically within the DAF Contracting TTP Team.